Saturday, December 15, 2007

my first entry!

Okay, this is my first time blogging and it feels weird. I've never been one to keep a diary or anything like that; whenever I would try it as a kid, after a few days I would read what I had written and inevitably tear it up. I don't really have any pearls of wisdom to impart, so if that's what you're looking for, you should probably go elsewhere. If not, feel free to stick around!

Is it okay to admit that I really don't like stretching my own canvas? I usually use the pre-stretched, pre-primed stuff and generally speaking, I have no complaints. I tried it again the other day...my staple gun kept jamming (which was aggravating) and I couldn't quite get the canvas tight enough. Perhaps I will bring it to the Art Guru tonight and see what Jeremy thinks about it (can this canvas be saved?).

Today is the opening of a holiday group show that I'm in at The Art Guru (104 Main St., Gorham, ME, 207-839-6138). All works on display are $199 or less and are supposed to be 12" x 12" or smaller. However, as everyone knows, artists don't like rules, so some entries are in fact larger. Jeremy, being fair-minded, decided to limit those entrants to just one piece (as opposed to two), which I think is a good compromise. The weather forecast is cold but clear, so hopefully the turnout will be decent. We'll see!

No comments: