Thursday, January 14, 2010

sixty minute expressions

Today was the "Sixty Minute Expressions" event/group show at Thornton Oaks and it was a lot of fun. Many of the artists who participated in last year's event came back (myself included) and it was good to see everyone again. Once again, the artwork was eclectic and the crowd was receptive. Everyone seemed to enjoy watching the artists creating in a "beat the clock" fashion...I wanted to look around myself but I was so engrossed in my own work I didn't move from my spot until I was nearly finished. I overheard a lot of positive comments about my painting of a bright pink cow ("Have you seen the cow?" "Look at the cow!"). I think my favorite compliment was the phrase "wonderfully whimsical". Throughout the afternoon, several people asked me if I was familiar with the poem entitled "Purple Cow" and I had to admit I had never heard of it...I guess I'll have to look that up.

No comments: