Friday, April 23, 2010

are we there yet?

I signed a painting yesterday. I don't know what took me so long to do it. I hadn't touched it in well over a week, and it wasn't because I needed to step away from it for a bit. I knew it was done, but a small part of me doubted myself. I have another painting that I'm pretty sure has been finished for well over a month, yet I haven't been able to bring myself to sign it. I look at it and I am happy...there's nothing I would change. Why does it take me so long to take that final step sometimes? What am I so afraid of? Does anyone else have this problem? Usually I just listen to my gut feeling to determine if a painting or a collage or any other piece of artwork is finished and that seems to work for me, but after I have made the decision that my work is done, why is there still a hold up on that final finishing touch? It always feels good to sign a piece, so why not go for it if the time is right? I need to nip this behavior in the bud, pronto. I will sign that other painting tomorrow...I feel better already.

No comments: