Thursday, May 13, 2010

name game

I had an interesting experience today. I was wrapping up an appointment at a client's house in Winthrop, ME. Since we had an enjoyable time working together, when I gave her my business card, I wrote my website address on the back and told her I was an artist. She looked at it and said, "Brushstrokes By Maria...I've seen this somewhere! How do I know this? Where did I see it?" I was so surprised I immediately assumed she was confusing it with something else and that there must be another site out there with a name similar to mine. I thought for a minute and then it dawned on me. I said, "Have you been to the Community Wellness Center in Farmingdale?" She said, "Yes! I saw your work there! I really liked it!" It's always great to get positive feedback, and having someone recognize my website's name from a good-sized group show they had attended is a completely new experience to me.

No comments: