Tuesday, June 1, 2010

what goes up must come down

My show at North Star Music Cafe came down yesterday, and I have to say I really enjoyed having my work on display there all month. The place is so fun and funky, the food is good, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The young woman behind the counter called out as I was leaving, "I'm sorry to see your work go!" I was truly knocked out by the kind words of support and encouragement I got from some of the patrons there as well. I hope to be able to show at North Star again sometime in the future!

On the way to pick up my work from Portland, I dropped off three pieces at Freeport Square Gallery for their "Two Year Anniversary" group show. When I walked in, Sebastian (one of the owners) said, "We were just talking about you!" I told him to get out of town, but he insisted that it was the truth (they hadn't seen me in a while and were wondering what I had been up to...fortunately I've had a few shows to keep me busy). The three pieces I chose for this show are pretty different from one another, they are all older works (two from 2002, the other from 2006), and they haven't been shown in a while (one piece has never been on display). I'm not sure when everything goes up and comes down, but I know that shows at Freeport Square tend to run for two weeks...and the opening reception for this particular show is Friday, June 18th.

No comments: