Wednesday, January 12, 2011

first things first

Friday, January 7th, was my first opening reception at the new Closet Factory office...my first "First Friday" in this space! It was a great night and I was really pleased with the turnout. Many thanks to my dear friend Jen (http://www.interactivetarot.net/) and her mom Mary for staying with me until the end of the evening! Several friends stopped by to hang out and drink a toast (thank you to Erica, Silvia, Rebecca, and my wonderful husband Terry), and a bunch of people I don't know stopped in as well...not bad for a cold night in January in a location that is totally new to the Art Walk. I had a sign in the window that read "art!" so that got people's attention; next time, I hope to have a sandwich board-type of sign out on the sidewalk to attract more people and increase traffic. I am hoping that word-of-mouth will spread as well...I got a lot of very positive feedback from visitors, so perhaps next month, they will tell their friends to stop by. We'll see!

No comments: