Tuesday, October 11, 2011

do your homework

I had an interesting experience on Friday night! A nursing student from SMCC came in and said he's taking an art history class. His assignment was to go to First Friday Art Walk, check out the work, talk to the artists, and choose someone to write about. Well, he told me he had done the entire Art Walk, and that my work was the only stuff he found interesting...so now I'm going to be the subject of his homework assignment! How weird is that?

We chatted for a little while and I gave him my card, which is something he said his professor would be happy about. At one point he asked, "How did you know you wanted to be an artist?" Before I could think about it, I said, "How did you know you wanted to be a guy?" He seemed to get a kick out of that answer (even though he was initially startled by it)! Before he left, I gave him my email address in case he thinks of any follow-up questions. I don't know if I'll hear from him, but I hope I do because I would love to read what he writes!  

No comments: