Friday, January 13, 2012

space...the final frontier

I got a call the other day from my boss, Walter. When I saw his information on the caller ID, I figured it would be a work-related phone call. Not so. He said, "Hey, did you know that Space Gallery is having an unjuried show?" I grabbed a pencil and started taking down notes. "I saw it on Portland Buzz. The time period for entries is still going on, so I bet you could get in." I hung up and immediately ran over to the computer. Yes, he was right: an unjuried show at Space, and the deadline hadn't passed yet! The show is called Free For All, and it's an experimental show. They're opening it up to any and every artist who brings work by during the specific time periods they've set aside. Anyone who submits a piece to this show is in. How cool is that? So, today I dropped off "Believe". It's 12" x 36", so I hope they have an easy time finding a place to hang it. I know I won't be able to attend the opening reception (since that will correspond with the next First Friday Art Walk), but the show runs from Wednesday, January 25th through Friday, March 2nd, so that gives me more than enough time to stop by during their regular business hours. I'm really curious to see what kind of entries they get (and how they decide to hang everything)! If you're curious, here's a link to their website: www.space538.org

No comments: