Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a little love from a local librarian

The "Joy of Art" show at the Topsham Public Library ended on Saturday. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the closing reception due to a work obligation, but I was able to pick up my paintings later in the day. I went up to the front desk and showed my ID to the librarian. She asked me to describe my paintings, so I started to say, "Well, they're very brightly colored..." She interrupted me with a big smile and said, "I know exactly which ones you're talking about!" When she returned with them, she exclaimed, "Oh, I love your paintings! I made a point to look at them every day...they just exude energy and joy!" I was so touched by her unexpected compliment...it kept a little smile on my face for the rest of the day.

No comments: