Thursday, May 10, 2012

overdue first friday recap

Holy cow! What a crazy First Friday it was this month! The first two hours were absolutely dead. Then my friend Heather (www.monarch-massage.com) walked in...then Rebecca walked in...then Jenn and Lori walked in...then Sarah and Rachael walked in...then Peggy and Mark walked in...and suddenly, a large group of strangers walked in. In a matter of minutes, the place was absolutely packed! Things stayed quite busy for that last hour: Jen had a reading with a client (www.interactivetarot.net) and I ended up selling a piece.

When I packed everything up and headed home, I figured the craziness was over. Not so! I checked my email after I had been home for a little while, and there was a message in my inbox from Connie Lundquist, who is coordinating the Second Friday Art Walk in Brunswick for Five Rivers Arts Alliance (www.5raa.org). The email was entitled "Times Record article- your painting". I quickly opened it and was extremely surprised to find out that an image of my "El Camino" painting had been used in an article in the Times Record (the local Brunswick paper) to promote Second Friday Art Walk! It was the weekend edition of the paper, which meant that it would be on sale through Sunday, but I decided that I couldn't wait. Even though I was already in my pjs, I changed and drove down to Hannaford to get my own copy and see for myself! The image is small, but it looks good, and it's on the cover of the "Ticket" section of the paper (page C1). The only downside is that one of the art walk locations got mixed up in the article: the actual spot is the Inn at Brunswick Station (which is where I will be this month), but the Brunswick Inn was listed by mistake. Oh well! It's correct in the Second Friday Art Walk brochure, and I think that's what most people will consult for information on the event (http://5raa.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2nd-Friday-ArtWalk-Brunswick-2012.pdf). We'll see!

No comments: