Friday, June 29, 2012

shows, shows, and more shows

June has been a busy month! I have been working like crazy to get paintings finished for all sorts of deadlines: July 15th is the deadline to submit images for the 10x10 contest (I've finished my two paintings and now they're being photographed), July 1st is the deadline to be considered for a juried show called "Tiny" at Spindleworks in Brunswick (all pieces have to be 3" x 3" or smaller; I sent in my two images today), and of course, First Friday Art Walk is next week, so I want to have some new work ready for that. I'm nearly finished with the Ganesh painting I've been working on, and I'm hoping to get other new stuff done as well...perhaps some oil pastels? Perhaps a collage? We'll see...I've been spending lots of time in my studio and it feels great.

The "Summertime Whimsy" opening reception at the Chocolate Church in Bath went well. The turnout was good, and I was very happy to see some friendly faces hanging out and enjoying the fun, colorful work on display (special thanks to Emily and Peggy from Brunswick Art Collaborative for stopping by). The following week, I went to the "Wine and Design" night at EcoHome Studio in Portland, and that was also a well-attended event. Jan Robinson (EcoHome Studio's owner) has really assembled a diverse group of artists and craftspeople to be represented in her shop...it's nice to be a part of it.

I'm happy to report that my show at the Dempsey Center is still going on. I'm not sure when it will be coming down (the paintings were hung on April 26th), but I'm not in a hurry! As long as they're happy looking at my work, I'm happy to keep it there for a bit longer.

Okay- time for bed! All of a sudden, I feel exhausted...



No comments: