Tuesday, January 1, 2013

bang!

Happy New Year, art lovers! 2012 was quite a ride, wasn't it? I want to wish all of you a very happy, healthy, and joyful 2013, and I'd like to say thank you once again for all of your support. It will be interesting to see where this new year takes us! Things are starting off with a bang. Is that a champagne cork or a starting gun?

First, I have a solo show this month at Curtis Memorial Library in Brunswick! I'll be hanging the show tomorrow and it will be up until January 31st. The opening reception is this Saturday evening, January 5th, from 5 pm to 7 pm, and I am very happy to say that the lovely and talented Cumberland Crossing will be performing! I'm hoping the weather will be kind. January in Maine can be a crapshoot, but so far, the forecast looks good. Here's the link to the Curtis Memorial Library's event calendar: http://www.eventkeeper.com/code/events.cfm?curOrg=CURTIS

Second, I will be participating in the 5th annual Joy of Art group show at the Topsham Public Library! This show is Tuesday, January 8th through Saturday, February 16th. There will be an opening reception on Saturday, January 12th from 1 pm to 3 pm, and an artists' talk on Saturday, February 16th at 11 am. Awards will be given by the jury during the opening reception, and there is also a "people's choice" award up for grabs (to be announced on February 16th), so come on by and vote for your favorite piece! Check out the Topsham Public Library's website for more information: http://www.friendstopshamlibrary.org/JoyofArt.php. I did this show last year, and boy, am I glad I did! I made the cover of The Cryer in the beginning of the year with a picture taken at this show, and in the fall, I ended up on the cover of the Topsham Public Library's annual report with another picture taken at this show! Once again, major thanks to Keith Spiro and Susan Preece for that.

Third, I am excited to have a two-woman show with Hati Modr at the Brunswick Town Council Chambers! This show begins on Monday, January 7th. This is not a "typical" gallery show, but if you'd like to stop by and see it in person, the best time to do that would be before the council meeting every other Monday from 6:30 pm – 7 pm (meetings are held at 7 pm) at the Brunswick Station, 16 Station Avenue, in the Town Council Chambers, located on the second floor. The municipal calendar is available at http://www.brunswickme.org/calendar/municipal-meetings/. If you live in Brunswick and you watch the council meetings on TV3, you will be able to see the art on display behind the councilors. Word on the street is that these meetings will be fairly well-attended (I guess there are some school budget-related matters to be discussed), which I guess is not always the case. The timing sounds good to me!

Last, but certainly not least, my work is still on display at Jai Yoga at Fort Andross in Brunswick! If you're in the Brunswick area (or even if you're not, but you're up for making the drive), you should check out the "7 Days For $7" promotion they have running right now. It's a great way to begin the new year. I'll be doing it! Here is a link to their website: http://www.jaiyogahome.com/

No comments: