Wednesday, January 20, 2016

feed your head

Mark your calendars: On Saturday, January 30th, I'm having another "Paint-a-Thon"! I will be setting up my easel in the front window of Cool As A Moose (128 Maine Street, Brunswick) and painting from roughly 10am-6pm. At the end of the day, the completed painting will be raffled off, and 50% of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to the Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program's "Backpack Program". Raffle tickets can be purchased in person or online (here's the link: https://www.carii.com/#/register/BrushstrokeswithImpactbyMaria) for $5 each or 3 for $10. Plus, I will have a "pop-up" show of my art at Cool As A Moose from Friday, January 29th through Monday, February 1st, and 10% of all my art sales (excluding magnets) from this show will be donated to the MCHPP's Backpack ProgramIf you haven't heard of the MCHPP's Backpack Program, you can read all about it right here: http://www.mchpp.org/backpack-program/. It's a great cause! 

Being raised in an Italian-American household, food was a major focus for my family. My mom was known for her cooking, and she seemed to make it her mission to feed everyone and anyone who walked into our house. My parents were also very active food bank donors, and they made it a part of their regular grocery store routine to include space in their shopping cart for food pantry staples. Because of this, teaming up with the Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program feels like a bit of a no-brainer. I'm grateful to be hosted by Cool As A Moose as well! I was a "pop-up" artist at Cool As A Moose back in September 2014, and I had a fantastic time. I'm looking forward to working with them again. The staff there is so friendly! 

warm memories

Incidentally, if you're reading this and you have a story to share regarding my mother and her cooking, I invite you to leave it in the comments!

No comments: