Wednesday, February 24, 2016

blogs and news and eggplant

I've been asked to write a bi-weekly art-related blog for Curtis Memorial Library! Below are the links to the two postings I've written there so far. If you're interested, I'll be there every other Wednesday!

http://curtiscreativespaces.com/hello-its-me/

http://curtiscreativespaces.com/everybody-wants-some/

In other news, I'm happy to announce that Kathleen McGee will be joining me once again for my next Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon" event (otherwise known as VANtastic!) from 1pm-3pm on Saturday, February 27th at Wyler's! She has been kind enough to sing and play guitar at my two previous Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon" events, and I'm so glad she's returning! Yay!

Another "yay": I recently sold one of my little 3" x 3" paintings to my friend and collector, Keith Spiro! When Keith and his lovely wife, Adrienne, bought "Psychedelic Eggplant," they told me there was a story behind the reason why they wanted that particular painting. They were smiling and laughing as they spoke, so naturally, I asked to hear the story...but Keith said, "Well, you're going to have to read all about it! I think I'll write it in a blog post!" A few days later, I got a notification through Twitter letting me know that the wait was over...and now, I'm looking forward to sharing their story with you! Here is the link...I'm sure you will find it just as charming as I do. 
https://keithspiro.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/magical-marketing-of-an-epic-eggplant/


"Psychedelic Eggplant": bite-sized! 

No comments: