Sunday, June 9, 2013

magnetism

Woo-hoo! Magnets of my painting, "Estilo", are now available for sale at Estilo, the women's consignment shop in Brunswick! I am so excited about this! In case you're just tuning in now, Estilo is one of my favorite shops. They have beautiful, fashionable, fun, funky, gently used clothing at VERY reasonable prices, and they're right here in Brunswick. I did a painting of the outside of the store a while back and Lauren (the owner of Estilo) liked it so much, she bought it and hung it in the shop! Well, when I finally got around to getting magnets made of some of my paintings, I stopped by to see if Lauren might be interested in carrying ones with Estilo on it. She said yes, so I placed an order. They arrived on Friday afternoon, and as soon as I put labels with my information on the back of each one, I brought them over to the store. Thankfully, Lauren loved the way they came out, and even posted a picture on Facebook!  Here is a link to Estilo's Facebook page...check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Estilo-Womens-Consignment/104045166210?fref=ts

In other news, I hung my show at Cafe Creme in Bath today! I am really happy with how it looks. Terry came along with me, and I am so grateful he did...he was such a big help. He said he felt like he didn't do anything, but the opposite is true. Of course, he helped me to load and unload the car, but there was a lot more to it than just that. Cafe Creme has really high ceilings, so I had to get onto a six-foot ladder to hang my paintings. Terry was able to hand my work to me as I was standing on the ladder, he was able to tell me if my paintings were straight or crooked or if they needed to be spaced differently, and he also hung a couple of paintings for me that were super-high - even with the ladder, I would have been stretching. After all the work was up, he helped me to put all the tags in their proper spots (he got the top ones, I got the bottom ones). We hung a total of twenty-two pieces today: fifteen paintings and seven mixed media pieces. I hung the mixed media pieces on the lower area of the wall, since they are so small. I knew they would get lost if they were up high. Fortunately, I didn't need a ladder for those! All in all, it took us an hour and a half...not bad, considering it was a totally new space for me to be showing my work and I really wasn't sure what I would have room for or what would look good where.

Anyway, right before I left, I stopped to say goodbye to Arlie and the staff who had been working this afternoon. They gave me some very positive feedback about my work and how the show looked, which is always nice to hear. One of the paintings I decided to hang in this show is "That Heavenly Coffee,"which is, coincidentally, one of my most popular magnets. I had one magnet of that painting left as of this afternoon, so I showed it to Arlie to see if it would be okay for me to bring some to sell at the shop. She said yes, and now there are more on their way! Yippee!!! Since I'm posting links to Facebook pages, here's the one for Cafe Creme: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafe-Creme/90066531736?fref=ts. Stop by and treat yourself to something tasty!

No comments: