Thursday, June 6, 2013

stuck on you

I mentioned in my last post that something interesting was brewing...well, here's my news: I've gotten magnets made of some of my paintings! Not only that, but they're selling like crazy already, and I haven't even brought them to an art walk yet!


A few months ago, my friend Tim suggested I get magnets made up. I hadn't done anything about it for a while, but recently, the time felt right for me, so I went for it. I chose six different paintings to start with (pictured above!) and I posted about it on Facebook. The response from friends and family was overwhelmingly positive, and people started asking about how they could get their hands on some. The magnets arrived right before Terry and I went to New Hampshire for the weekend to visit friends and family, and I brought the box along just in case anyone was interested. I left our house with 62 magnets, and in three days, I sold 31 of them! Not only that, but our dear friend Janette Coombs, owner of The Elf Shelf (https://www.facebook.com/TheElfShelf?fref=ts), bought a bunch to include in her gift baskets! I have several requests for mail orders, and I've already had to place a reorder for more magnets! On Monday, I had a wonderful lunch with Terry's cousin Sarah...she bought 5 magnets to give as gifts, bringing the total to 36 magnets sold in 4 days. As Larry David would say, "Pre-tty, pre-tty, pre-tty good." I am thrilled and excited and I feel like this could be the beginning of something wonderful. Stay tuned...there's more to come very soon!

No comments: