Tuesday, March 24, 2015

my kind of march madness

Good things have been happening lately! Allow me to share my version of "March Madness" with you...

It's official: my painting, "Prentiss' Owl," has been accepted into the Ekphrastic Poetry Cafe show at Curtis Memorial Library in Brunswick! Yay! This show runs from April 1st through April 30th in The Collaboratory. Come celebrate National Poetry Month! Curious about this show and ekphrastic poetry in general? Click the link for more information: http://www.curtislibrary.com/poetry/

I'm happy to say that both of the paintings I submitted to this year's Maine Open Juried Art Show were accepted! If you're not familiar with the Maine Open Juried Art Show (otherwise known as MOJAS), it is a same-day jurying process: artists drop off their work in the morning, and the results come out mid-afternoon. This is a great opportunity to explore Waterville, so Terry and I took the day to hit the spots we enjoyed visiting last year: Mainley Brews, The Colby College Museum of Art, and, of course, Holy Cannoli! If you find yourself in Waterville during the next month, please stop by to see the Maine Open Juried Art Show (it runs from March 22nd through April 24th). While you're there, do a little exploring for yourself, too! 

While we were driving to Waterville on Saturday morning, I got a call from Robin at Mister Bagel in Brunswick to say that I had sold another "El Camino" print! I told Robin I wouldn't be able to stop by with a replacement until Sunday because I knew we wouldn't be back from Waterville until after Mister Bagel had closed for the day, which she was totally fine with ("No rush!"). So, before we headed out of town to celebrate Maine Maple Sunday, I dropped off another "El Camino" print. 


me on Sunday...



On Monday morning, I received another call from Robin: the replacement "El Camino" print I dropped off on Sunday had already sold! Thankfully, I had another copy and another frame on hand, so I was able to drop off a replacement on Monday afternoon. My solo show at Mister Bagel will be up through the entire month of April, and it looks like the next artist will be hanging their work sometime the first week in May. If you're in the Brunswick area and you'd like to see my show, please stop by! Mister Bagel makes fantastic bagels, and their staff is super-friendly, too! 

...and me on Monday!


Here's something kind of cool...I got the following text from Walter (my boss) yesterday afternoon: "Just retweeted something from @sethalanjacobs. Check out the link, your picture is under photos." WHAT??? Sure enough, the picture of me with my "El Camino" print at Mister Bagel on Sunday made it onto "The 207," an online publication focusing on all things Maine! I guess that's what happens when you have a public Instagram account! 

Another cool thing that happened recently as a result of having a public Instagram account: on Monday, I shipped out an "Old Fat Boy Sign" magnet to a guy who had been scrolling through Instagram while he was AT Fat Boy, waiting for his food! He came across one of my photos, and left a comment saying, "I HAVE to have one of these magnets!" I directed him to my Etsy page...and, sure enough, he placed an order! Hot dog! #hashtagsreallywork 

It has been a busy March, indeed! What will April bring? Stay tuned! 

No comments: