Monday, November 23, 2015

recapping and looking forward

Well, the Five Rivers Arts Alliance Art Festival & Sale has come and gone! I had a lovely time, and I'd like to say "thank you" to everyone who came out to support local artists! Special thanks to Catherine Worthington, Polly Smith and Donna Jason for all of their efforts, as well as to the musicians, the clean-up volunteers, and everyone who helped to make this show happen. In case you didn't hear me interviewed on WCME that morning to promote the show, I can assure you that DJ Jim Bleikamp was a kind and welcoming host. He put me at ease and the interview flew by rather quickly. What a relief! 


My display!

I'm happy to say I sold quite a few magnets to new and repeat customers, and I had some really meaningful interactions with show-goers as well. I'm grateful for you all! 

Familiar, friendly faces adding to their collections! 

The next event on deck is the UU Church of Brunswick Holiday Fair! I did this show last year, and I'm looking forward to participating once again. Mark your calendars: Saturday, December 5th, 9am-2pm; 1 Middle Street, Brunswick, ME. This is a friendly little fair with a nice assortment of local artists and craftspeople...and the food is yummy, too! There is lots of on-street parking available, and the municipal lot behind Curtis Memorial Library is just a stone's throw away. Hope to see you there! 

...and yes, I do have one more art event up my sleeve for the month of December, but I'm going to save that for a later post. Details are still being worked out, but I can assure you, exciting things are happening! 





No comments: