Wednesday, October 17, 2012

another in!

I just found out this afternoon (I guess it's technically yesterday afternoon at this point, since I'm writing this after midnight) that my "Dragonfly" painting got in to the "Artist's Choice" show at River Arts in Damariscotta! The juror for this group show, Leonard Meiselman (founder of www.artcriesout.com, a website for protest art), selected 118 works by 77 artists.

I've heard of River Arts, but I'd never tried to participate in any of their shows before...until my friend Trish sent me an email suggesting that I should go for it. I'm glad she made the suggestion! The opening reception is on Friday, October 19th and the show runs through the middle of November. I'm looking forward to seeing all the different pieces that were chosen. I have a feeling it will be a pretty interesting mix. If you'd like to see what's what at River Arts, here is a link to their website: www.riverartsme.org

No comments: