Monday, October 22, 2012

gone to a good home

My brother-in-law, Marc, besides being super-awesome and extra-nice, is a patent attorney in Boston. His firm just moved to a new building, and he now has a new office. It's a big space, and the attorneys at his firm are encouraged to hang art in their offices. Fortunately for me, Marc likes my art, and this weekend, he bought two paintings from me: "Cosmic Spirograph", and "Imagine Memorial, NYC"! I told him he was becoming a collector, since he purchased "Rocks, Gloucester" a while back for his old office.

This makes me very happy for several reasons: one, it's always great to sell a painting; two, I'm excited for new people (his co-workers, his clients) to be able to see my art; and three, I get to visit my paintings! "Cosmic Spirograph" is from 2011, but "Imagine Memorial, NYC" is still a fairly new piece. I finished it this summer, and I only showed it at one First Friday in Portland (although I did have it on display for a couple of Second Friday Art Walks in Brunswick), so it's a little hard to say goodbye. Thankfully, I only have to say "so long". Plus, it's always comforting to know that my work has gone to a good home where it will be appreciated, enjoyed, and well taken care of. Thanks, Marc! You rock.

No comments: