Monday, October 8, 2012

october first friday recap

Another First Friday has come and gone, and once again, it was a very fun night! Thanks to the weather and the holiday weekend, people were out and about enjoying themselves. The Intergalactic Yurt Band played another fantastic set of music that had people dancing, clapping, and singing along, and Jennifer of Interactive Tarot kept people enthralled with her readings. The crowds were great, and I was happy to have friends and family stopping by to hang out and enjoy the scene. I even sold three of my brand-new mixed media pieces and one of my "tiny" paintings!

Every month, I get a fair amount of regulars (familiar faces that I only know from art walk) as well as people who are just discovering the space for the first time. One of the "first-timers" gave me a wonderful compliment as he and his wife were leaving: "You've got the best party going right here!" I have a feeling I will see them again...hopefully they will tell some friends and spread the word!

No comments: