Friday, April 30, 2010

three is a magic number


My work is going to be on display in three different places during the month of May! Tomorrow, I will be hanging a solo show at North Star Music Cafe in Portland (http://www.northstarmusiccafe.com/; thanks to Katie "Megaphone" Diamond for all the help!); this show will feature both paintings and collages and it will run through the entire month. When I emailed out announcements for this show, Lia from the Community Wellness Center in Farmingdale responded with an invitation to participate in her next show, which begins next week and will run for about two months (I will have at least one painting on display and a few collages...I still have to decide which ones). I have also donated a painting (entitled "Slice", which I have posted a photo of here) to the Big Brothers Big Sisters fundraising auction (thank you, Tania, for the opportunity to participate), and that one-night event takes place next week as well. In fact, the opening reception for both shows and the auction are all on the same day: Friday, May 7th! I can't be in three places at once, naturally, but I will be at the North Star that evening, enjoying the wonderful food and wine they have there...and enjoying being a part of Portland's First Friday Art Walk.

No comments: