Friday, April 22, 2011

bye bye buddha

I parted with another painting today, "Flea Market Buddha". I have to say, it's a little weird selling a painting. It's SO exciting and great and thrilling, but there IS that moment when you think, "I'm never going to see this again..." but the good stuff far outweighs the separation. I know "Flea Market Buddha" is going to a good home where he will be appreciated by lots of new people. Plus, I have great photos, and that painting will always be a part of me, no matter where it goes (just like any artwork I've made). The woman who bought it, Jenny, is very nice, and she told me that this is the first painting she's ever purchased. What an honor! I consider it a major compliment when people connect with my work, especially when someone feels strongly enough about it to put it in their home...and then to be someone's first on top of that?! Quite a bonus. I hope "Flea Market Buddha" witnesses many wonderful events in Jenny's life (and the lives of those she cares about). Bon voyage!

No comments: