Monday, October 3, 2011

10x10 recap

Well, I am happy to say that "Lemon" was one of the first pieces to sell on Friday night at the 10x10 Brunswick! The buyer actually sent a proxy to wait on line and pick it up for her...she couldn't be there when the doors opened, but she didn't want to take the chance that someone else might buy it first. I walked in to St. Paul's at around 5:15 and saw a big blank space on the wall between my two other paintings. Thankfully, I also saw Trish nearby, and apparently she had just said, "Oh, I wish Maria was here to see this!" I walked right up to her and she told me the proxy was actually her friend Catherine, a local acupuncturist who she used to work with at Bayview Gallery. What a coincidence! Trish suggested I ask Catherine if we could hang the piece back on the wall for one last picture. Naturally, she obliged, and I was thankful for her courtesy, her connection to Trish, and my timing. I asked Catherine where her friend had seen "Lemon", and she said it was the image 10x10 preview page on the website that grabbed her attention. I was surprised since the images on the site were all fairly small, but I'm glad "Lemon" made an impression on her. What a fun evening, and what a great cause! Thanks to everyone involved in the Brunswick 10x10!

No comments: