Saturday, May 12, 2012

second things second

Last night was the beginning of Brunswick's Second Friday Art Walk season! It was a lovely evening for an art walk. I was set up at The Inn at Brunswick Station, which is a beautiful place. I was right near the front entrance, with my paintings set up on either side of the fireplace. I couldn't have asked for a better spot. It took me just over two hours to set up, so it's a really good thing I got there when I did. Last night was my first time using my brand-new (even though they're technically used!) metal grid displays. I am very happy to report that they were easy to set up and break down. Dealing with getting the S-hooks to stay on, though...that's another story! I was able to make everything work, but it might be worth investing in some hooks that aren't so aggravating (and time-consuming). Live and learn, I guess!

The Tavern at the Inn allows patrons to bring drinks into the lobby, so I was able to enjoy a nice glass of Malbec (it was a generous pour, I might add) with Prentiss Weiss, one of the other "pop-up" artists. Thank you, Prentiss, for bringing along that wonderful homemade "gorp" for us to snack on! There was a gentleman there (I think his name was Peter?) playing acoustic guitar, so that was a nice bonus as well.

The turnout was pretty good for the first art walk of the season, I think. Thank you to Peggy, Mark, Mandy, and Jason for stopping by and hanging out (it's always so nice to see friendly, familiar faces!), and a very big thank you to my husband Terry for not only hanging out, but for helping me break everything down and pack my car at the end of the night!

No comments: