Monday, October 15, 2012

end of the season

Well, the last Second Friday Art Walk of the season has come and gone. I am so happy to have been able to participate as a "pop-up" artist this year, and I have to thank everyone at Five Rivers Arts Alliance who made it possible, especially Connie Lundquist and Lee Cheever. I met some wonderful people, made several sales, and had a lot of fun in the process. I only missed one month from May through October, which is a pretty good track record...I was off seeing Phish in June, and according to some friends who did make it that month, it ended up being a very rainy night without a lot of foot traffic.

I'm looking forward to Arts Downtown and All Around, the holiday show that will be at 98 Maine St. in Brunswick (the "pop-up" location where I was most frequently set up)...that will be Friday, November 30th through Sunday, December 2nd. Last year's three-day holiday show was called Downtown Moves Up, but the Friday of that show conflicted with First Friday Art Walk in Portland. I wasn't able to be there the entire time because of that, and I am glad to say that won't be an issue this time around.

No comments: