Monday, November 12, 2012

estilo!

I love painting...and I love to paint places and things that I love. Last year, I painted "El Camino", my favorite restaurant; this summer, I did two paintings to honor The Gelato Fiasco ("Mandala Fiasco" and "Give Gelato A Chance"). Recently, I finished a painting of Estilo, a women's consignment store, and one of my favorite shops in Brunswick (or anywhere, for that matter).

Last night, I posted on the Estilo Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Estilo-Womens-Consignment/104045166210) to tell them about my painting, and Lauren, the owner, said she'd like to see it. I brought it in this afternoon...not only did she love it, but she bought it right then and there! Lauren was very flattered that I would paint her shop, and she also said she didn't expect to love the painting as much as she did. What a nice compliment! Here's a coincidence, too: Eloise, one of the owners of El Camino, was shopping at Estilo the same time I was there! Funny, since Paul, one of the other owners of El Camino, bought my painting of their restaurant.

Anyway, I am very happy that "Estilo" has gone to a good home. I am also happy to say that while I was there, I picked up a sweet deal on a fake fur jacket! If you haven't had a chance to stop by this great little shop, do yourself a favor and check it out: www.estilobrunswick.com. Happy shopping!

No comments: