Wednesday, February 10, 2016

souper cool

Thank you to everyone who supported me in my second Brushstrokes With Impact (TM) "Paint-a-Thon"/SOUPER BOWL! The winner of "Apple" is none other than Paul from El Camino Cantina! Everyone who knows me knows how much I love El Camino, so I'm very happy about this. Congratulations, Paul! 


"Apple"


I had a lot of fun at Cool As A Moose! As always, the staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Major thanks to Caroline Kurrus for agreeing to host me, to Cool As A Moose's marketing coordinator, Emily, for the wonderful job she did promoting the event (check out the sign she made below!), and to Ashley (Emily's "second-in-command") for helping me get the space ready, for being there all day with me on Saturday, January 30th, and for pulling the winning ticket at the end of the evening! 



Great job, Emily! Thank you! 


Once again, live music from Kathleen McGee kept me going from 1pm-3pm (otherwise known as the time when I have to start putting the pedal to the metal, so to speak). Friends and family were kind enough to stop by with hugs and words of encouragement, and I'm always grateful for that! The tireless Keith Spiro was there nearly all day long, documenting everything, selling raffle tickets, and promoting, promoting, promoting...thank you! Three paintings and a handful of magnets found new homes that day, and funds were raised for a worthwhile cause: the Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program's "BackPack Program". I am still waiting to receive an official total, but when I get that information, I will pass it along. 



Ever get the feeling you're being watched? 


My next Brushstrokes With Impact (TM) "Paint-a-Thon" is coming right up: Saturday, February 27th! I'm going to be announcing the location and the cause very soon, so stay tuned! In the meantime, mark your calendars!

In other show news, the artists' reception for the "Joy of Art" at Topsham Public Library's Crooker Gallery was this past Saturday, February 6th! It was a great turnout, especially considering this was the "snow date". I had my own corner again this year! If you haven't had a chance to see the work in this year's show, you still have time: the "Joy of Art" runs through Saturday, February 20th. 


cornered


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maria, I am so proud of you! Nice to do good things for others!

maria said...

Oh, Ellen- how sweet of you! Thank you so much! xo