Wednesday, November 9, 2016

keep a candle on the path


Love. Healing. Hope. Positive energy. This is what we need right now. Hell, this is what I need right now.

I meant for this to be a light-hearted post about how excited I am for my next event, but I didn't have a chance to write it until today...and I think it's safe to say that so far, today isn't panning out to be the day I expected it to be.

We can't change what's happened...so how do we make things better? We need to keep shining our light. We need to make it brighter. Good always ripples out, always. Even small acts of kindness make a difference. The darkest of times require the brightest of lights. So...

My 12th Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon" is called "Feed Your Soul". It's another out-of-state event...this time, I will be in the town where I grew up, where I was raised, the place I called home until I moved to Maine in 1995: Bellport, New York.

On Saturday, November 19th, I will be setting up my easel at Cafe Castello (141 South Country Road, Bellport, NY) and painting from roughly 9:30am-5:30pm. At the end of the day, the completed painting will be raffled off, and 50% of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to Long Island Cares, Inc.- The Harry Chapin Food Bank. Raffle tickets can be purchased in person or online (here’s the link: https://www.carii.com/fundraising/Paint-a-ThonFeedYourSoul) for $5 each or 3 for $10. I will also have a “pop-up” show of my art at Cafe Castello and 10% of all my art sales (excluding magnets) from this show will be donated to Long Island Cares, Inc.- The Harry Chapin Food Bank.
Here's a link to the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/838475276294152/. I hope to see you there...and if you can't be there in person, long-distance support is always appreciated.



"Essential Birthday Wishes"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll see you there. Let me know if you need anything. <3

maria said...

Oh, thank you, Betty! ❤️