Wednesday, May 3, 2017

catching up once again

It's May! A lot has been going on, and this blog post is overdue...

I've been spending a lot of time at Curtis Memorial Library lately! For eight hours straight on Friday, April 14th, I was painting in the library's lobby, raising money for Curtis. Rather than repeating myself, here's a link to the blog post I wrote for Curtis Creative Spaces about it: http://curtiscreativespaces.com/winging-it/


photo credit: Chris Tucker



Curtis Memorial Library also had me back on Thursday evenings in April for a repeat of "Playing With Paint," and once again, it was a blast!  Here's a link to the blog post I wrote for Curtis Creative Spaces about it (hmm...is there an echo in here?): http://curtiscreativespaces.com/playing-with-paint-part-two/. I'm happy to say that so far, the feedback has been positive, and I'd like to share a quote from one of the class participants, Betty McNally: "Mike and I loved the class. We will cherish the memory."


The McNallys and their Pollock-inspired paintings!



Speaking of repeat performances, on Wednesday, April 26th, I spent an hour painting faces at the Gelato Fiasco for the Brunswick Area Teen Center "Scoop-a-Thon". It's hard to believe, but this is the fifth year I've participated in this community event! Here are a couple of pictures of some of the many faces I saw that day:


a colorful kitty!


forehead bat through the window! (photo credit: People Plus)


One more thing before I end this blog post: I'd like to thank the lovely and talented Erica Kingston

for featuring my artwork in the brochure for SMCC's 2017 Preceptor Appreciation Seminar, entitled "All The Colors Of Nutrition"! Erica, you are awesome! Congratulations to you for all of your hard work (and your kick-ass GPA), and congratulations to Jennifer Moscone for her stellar speaking performance at the seminar ("Post-Bariatric Waistland")! 



eat the rainbow!







No comments: