Friday, November 3, 2017

24 and there's so much more

My 23rd Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon" was on Thursday, October 26th, and I had a fabulous time! The staff at Halcyon Yarn was welcoming, friendly, and helpful from start to finish,  the space was beautiful, and the music was great. Together, we were able to raise $100 for the Welcome Blanket Project, and the winner of that day's painting, "With Liberty And Pumpkin For All," was none other than Halcyon Yarn's very own, Gretchen Jaeger! Thank you, Gretchen, for giving my work a good home, and thank you to everyone at Halcyon Yarn for being so awesome!

the poster...

the set-up process...

the beginning...

...and the winner! 

So, #23 ("Blanket Statement!") was my first event in Bath, and I'm happy to say that the location for #24 will be another "first" for me: this month, I'm heading to Massachusetts! On Saturday, November 11th, I'll be at Birch St. House & Garden in Roslindale; I'll be painting from 10am-6pm, and in honor of Thanksgiving, I'm calling this "Paint-a-Thon" "Attitude Of Gratitude!", and I'll be raising money for the Greater Boston Food Bank! In case you're new to this blog, here's what I do: I set up my easel and paint for 8 hours straight; at the end of the day, I raffle off the completed 8" x 8" acrylic painting, and I donate half the raffle ticket proceeds (along with 10% of all art sold, excluding magnets) to that month's charity. Please come and see me...I'm excited to add another state to my list! 


I also had a solo show go up this week at Float Harder in Portland, and I'm pretty psyched about that as well. Have you ever floated in a sensory deprivation tank? Well, it's an incredible experience, and you can find out for yourself at Float Harder...and if you do it during the month of November, you'll be able to see my work in the waiting area! 


"Full Moon Through Pines," on view at Float Harder!










No comments: