Monday, December 31, 2018

just in time!

It's New Year's Eve! I still have time to get in one last blog post for 2018! I haven't posted since October, so I have some serious updating to do. I'll try to keep it as short and sweet as possible (but don't hold your breath)!

I've had three Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon"s since my last blog post here. All three were at the Tontine Mall in Brunswick, just outside of Indrani's (I love that space! YAY!).

October's cause was Midcoast Humane (https://www.facebook.com/events/249571769051303/):

October's "pop-up"!



"Cat Gods" : won by Chris Rose!




I FINALLY got a sign! 


a visit from lovely Lee Ann!

work in progress...


"Orb Of Love" : won by Callum Christopher Siegel!



and December's cause was the Press Herald Toy Fund (https://www.facebook.com/events/514461275701484/)!


December's "pop-up"!


I'm excited about my sign- it feels so professional!


"Know Peace, Snow Peace" : won by Kathleen Meade!


I'm also excited to share that Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) made the paper in December! Here's a link to the Portland Press Herald article:

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/12/14/brunswick-artist-raffling-piece-from-paint-a-thon/?fbclid=IwAR0juuPK62YC8yIOrtsQF4g8VFlMVuNGs6S5abaqJNC9pZ7Umzv0Q5x9VU4


woo hoo!




You may or may not remember that I started Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) in December 2015...that means we've officially passed the three year mark! Thanks to everyone's support, over $5600 has been raised for local and national charities! Small efforts certainly add up, don't they? I am thrilled about this, and I'm looking forward to keeping it going through 2019 and beyond. No one is too small to make a difference!


Here's another cool thing that happened this year: I've been commissioned to paint a series of panels for a chicken coop! Here are some photos of my new collector, Dr. John Joseph, with his chicken coop, the panels I've completed so far, and his dog, Beauregard!

John and "Miriam"!

John, Beau, and "Eggs"!

installed!


ta-da!

Say hello to "Cruella"! 



2018 was chock-full of awesome and interesting experiences, both personally and professionally. In June, I quit my "day-job" of designing closets for Closet Factory (which I did for almost 16 years) to focus more on my art, and thanks to the fabulous Christine DeTroy, I picked up a new "side hustle" of cleaning houses, which has proven to be fun and satisfying - and it's led me to this chicken coop project!


I've made some new friends, I've gotten some new collectors, and my work has made it into places I previously only dreamed about, including the Chris Robinson Brotherhood tour bus! WHAT???


Here's proof! 

I never could have imagined the way 2018 turned out, and I'm filled with optimism and hope about 2019. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for my family, my friends, the many blessings that I have, and the many blessings that are on their way. If you're reading this, thank you for sticking with me, thank you for your support, and thank you for being a part of this ride. May the coming year be filled with joy, peace, love, good health, creativity, and good fortune...and don't forget to eat your grapes at midnight! 







No comments: