Friday, August 17, 2012

living on video

Big news: I have a YouTube video! Yes, I know- any random yahoo with a video camera and a pulse can have a YouTube video. I just never figured I would be one of those yahoos, especially since I don't have a video camera.

It all started when Blake Hendrickson, board member of Five Rivers Arts Alliance and videographer, approached me at Brunswick's Second Friday Art Walk in May. He saw my work and asked if I'd be interested in being the subject for an artist profile. I was nervous, but I said, "Yeah, sure- why not?" I was out of town for Second Friday in June, but we were able to get together in July. Blake worked his ass off, frankly: he came to both First Friday in Portland and Second Friday in Brunswick, he came to my house to interview me in my studio, he got footage of me setting up and breaking down for Second Friday, he took a ton of pictures of my artwork, he answered every crazy email I sent, he edited everything together, and he made it a fun process with a finished product I feel really good about.

Anyway, here is the link; check it out and let me know what you think: http://youtu.be/QTyejD0kfNw

By the way, the incredibly beautiful music featured during the slide show portion of the video is courtesy of my very talented cousin, Frank Siegel, and his friends, Thomas O'Mahoney and Greg DelGenio. They really came through for me...and fast. Thanks, guys! You rock.

No comments: