Tuesday, August 7, 2012

tasty inspiration

The Brunswick 10x10 Art Sale and Benefit is coming up again. This year, it will be on Friday, September 28th. One of the paintings I will be submitting is called "Mandala Fiasco", and it was inspired by the yummy gelato and sorbetto created by The Gelato Fiasco, located right here in Brunswick. I had the idea to create a mandala-type of painting featuring the red spoons that The Gelato Fiasco is known for, so during one of my visits, I asked if I could have some used spoons. I promised to recycle them when I was finished, and when Sarah (one of the very friendly and helpful staff members) handed them over, she suggested I send in a photo of my completed painting to The Gelato Fiasco's Facebook page. Three weeks ago, I did just that; on Saturday night, they posted it to their wall! Here is the link, in case you'd like to see it:

http://tinyurl.com/9davc5y

No comments: