Friday, May 21, 2010

turn that frown upside down

I had a bad day last week. I won't get into the whys and hows of what made that day not-so-stellar. What I will mention is that my day got infinitely better when I retreated to my studio for my daily discipline of painting. I picked up my brush and got lost in one of my current pieces. Half an hour went by in what felt like a fraction of the time, and then I got inspired to begin a new collage. I dove into it headfirst and next thing I knew, over two hours had gone by. I ended up spending at least another half hour up there even though it was getting very late. It is such a wonderful feeling to get lost in the process of creating artwork, and that experience completely turned my whole day around. Of course, it didn't change what had happened earlier, but it sure did make me a whole lot happier...and it's so nice to end on a positive note.

No comments: