Thursday, July 8, 2010

all the art that's fit to print

As I write this post, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for a wonderfully generous person in my life. My friend Jim (who is the father of one my dearest friends, Jen: www.interactivetarot.net) has done me yet another amazing favor. Not only has Jim taken all of the photographs of my paintings on my website, but he just gave me his old printer...and it's a really nice one. I have seen the photos he has printed using it and they look excellent. This printer uses pigment ink, so it won't fade over time, and it produces what Jim refers to as "low-level giclee prints". This printer has the capacity to open up a whole new world to me. Soon I will be able to sell prints of my work, and people who like my stuff but perhaps can't afford an original piece of artwork will have an option available to them that I couldn't offer before. I am so excited...and I am so grateful. Now I just have to figure out how to work it!

No comments: