Friday, August 6, 2010

big doings

Okay, I've been slacking...I haven't blogged in a while, but it's only because a lot has been going on. I've been meaning to write about how great it was to go to Vermont a couple of weekends ago to see the fun and inspirational Bread and Puppet theater (http://www.breadandpuppet.org/). I've also been meaning to write about Freeport Creative Arts asking me to write a short bio (including some pictures of my work and one of myself) and send them 12 copies for inclusion in binders around town for people to see (as well as a digital version for their website)...I also meant to write about FCA using one of my images in an email they sent out to members advertising the group show that opened last weekend. I also wanted to mention that I recently spent some time with the wonderful artist Kat Logan (http://www.mygreatfullheart.com/) that I won't soon forget. Yes, all that has been on my mind, but the biggest thing that has been on my mind can be summed up in two words: Pecha Kucha.

I was accepted to participate in the next Pecha Kucha Brunswick event (at Frontier Gallery on Monday, August 16) and I am so excited. I have been scrambling to figure out what pieces to show, what to say about them, and what to say about myself, but it feels really good. For those of you who don't know what Pecha Kucha is, you can check out the Five Rivers Arts Alliance page (http://www.fiveriversartsalliance.org/) for more information. In a nutshell, 10 presenters speak; each person shows twenty slides and they have twenty seconds per slide to speak. It's fast-paced and lots of fun, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Reservations are recommended, so if you want to be there, contact Five Rivers to save your spot. Wish me luck!

No comments: