Friday, August 27, 2010

stuff, stuff, and more stuff

I got an email yesterday from Harriet at Five Rivers Arts Alliance asking if I would be interested in doing a collage workshop at the Brunswick Family Arts Festival. I am flattered that Five Rivers thought of me, and even though I've never done anything like this, I'm excited to try it! Thankfully, it's not supposed to be a lesson per se, but more of a hands-on, drop-in experience for anyone who wants to participate. That sounds fairly low-key to me, which is a very good thing! The Family Arts Festival will be held on Saturday, September 25th, from 10 am to 4 pm on the mall in Brunswick (rain location: Brunswick Junior High School gymnasium). Fingers crossed for good weather!

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending the opening reception for "Two Visions", a two woman show featuring the work of Susan Mills and Natasha Kempers-Cullen. This show was just amazing! There is something very powerful and primal in Susan Mills' artwork (I love her "Elementals" and her "Shields"), and I really enjoyed the color and feeling in Natasha Kempers-Cullen's tapestries ("Vortex" and "The Tower" were among my favorites). Their work goes so well together and the show is very cohesive. If you have a chance, stop by the Chocolate Church Arts Center in Bath sometime before October 3rd and check it out before it's gone.

Tomorrow is the drop off day for the Arts Are Elementary 10" x 10" show, and I am very excited to be participating. The deadline to sign up for this show was quite a while ago, and I remember the drop-off date seemed so far away. The show is October 1st and I'm sure that date will be here before I realize it as well! Time flies...

No comments: