Tuesday, December 6, 2011

whirlwind weekend

What a busy weekend! Things were fairly non-stop for me, as I'm sure it was for many artists. Portland's First Friday Art Walk kicked things off, and then Saturday and Sunday I was at the Downtown Moves Up show in Brunswick. Unfortunately I couldn't be in two places at once, so I missed the Friday night installment of Downtown Moves Up (and the free gelato that went with it), but that's okay! I sold pieces at both events, and I was very happy to see many familiar, smiling faces throughout the course of the weekend. This is always a crazy time of year, so it was great to be able to spend a little time with friends...thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hello.

Jennifer of Interactive Tarot was offering readings at First Friday, as usual, and one lucky woman in particular who hadn't been able to get a reading previously was able to take advantage of the fantastic discount. To say this woman was excited is a bit of an understatement! It's always fun to see people emerge from the space where Jen does her readings.

I should take a minute to say thank you once again to Lee Cheever of Five Rivers Arts Alliance. Lee once again helped me to transport my hanging racks from the Five Rivers office to the Lincoln Building and back. This isn't a long distance as the crow flies, but there are lots of stairs involved in each building, so it's not exactly easy to do. She also let me borrow a rack from Five Rivers once again (I used it during last year's Arts Downtown and All Around show), and she helped me to set things up and break things down. Lee, you are my hero!

No comments: