Thursday, December 15, 2011

year-end collaboration

The last meeting of the year for the Brunswick Art Collaborative was on Tuesday, and what a meeting it was! We had the biggest group we've had in quite a while, and it was a wide assortment of regulars, semi-regulars, and brand-new members. Normally I just work on my own stuff during these meetings, but this time I participated in the ornament-making project that was being taught by Amanda. I was having a hard time folding my paper properly, but Amanda was very patient and walked me through the process. I now have a Phish-themed ornament for my tree (I used a page from an old calendar for the images), although I have a feeling it's going to end up in my studio so I can enjoy it all year round! I started a new collage afterwards, so I feel good about that as well. January's First Friday will be here before you know it, so the more new work I can have ready, the better!

Anyone who is local and curious about the Brunswick Art Collaborative, please stop by sometime! We meet in the art room at Thornton Oaks in Brunswick (it's in the main building) on the second Tuesday of the month, 6 pm to 8 pm. We are a very laid-back group and all are welcome!

No comments: