Monday, January 14, 2013

it's spelled j-o-y

The 5th annual Joy of Art juried show at the Topsham Public Library is officially up and running! The show began on January 5th, but the opening reception was Saturday, January 12th from 1 pm to 3 pm. The Crooker Gallery was filled with artists and art lovers alike, and once again, I was impressed by the whole event. The art was diverse, the turnout was good, the food was yummy, and the music by Bill and Kate Gray was fantastic. Terry came with me, and we met up with Trish in the library parking lot...perfect timing! We spent the afternoon chatting with many other Five Rivers Arts Alliance members (Peggy Kapisovsky, Lee Cheever, Bill Tomsa, Debbie Casterlin, Lucy Cooney), and afterwards, we treated ourselves to some very yummy gelato and sorbetto at The Gelato Fiasco. The only bummer for me was that, once again, the "y" in "Usery" was left off, so my name is listed in the program as "Maria Castellano-User", just like last year. I figured it was just a typo the first time, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's a space or "character limit" issue...maybe using a smaller font would help? I'll have to ask. Believe me, I realize it's an easy name to misspell. Hey, at least my website address is correct!

No comments: