Tuesday, June 18, 2013

stick to it

Well, this month's Second Friday Art Walk has come and gone, and many people I spoke to felt that it may have been the best one so far! Personally, I had a lot of fun on Friday night. The evening flew by, (which isn't always the case), the turnout was great, and I got some really nice feedback from people who visited my little room, including one guy who actually used the word "SHAZAM!" to describe my colors. I even sold five magnets (three of which were to complete strangers), and two of the women who bought from me recognized my work from Jai Yoga! My friend Erica's band, Cumberland Crossing, played music on the sidewalk in front of the Five Rivers building, and she said they had a blast as well: they played a great set, the tips were good, and the weather was gorgeous. Let's hope next month brings more of the same!

More magnet news: I delivered a batch of "That Heavenly Coffee" magnets (twenty, to be exact) to Cafe Creme this afternoon- just in time for Bath's Third Friday Art Walk! After I left, I strolled over to Markings Gallery to pay a visit to the lovely and talented Susan Mills...and she ended up buying four magnets from me! I placed a reorder this morning for more "Back Yard Buddha" and "Mexicali Ganesh" magnets, plus a new magnet as well: "Imagine Memorial, NYC". I am very excited!

Oh, I almost forgot: last week, I had my first (and my second!) mail order magnet sale! My dear friend Tim was first, followed very closely by my cousin Betty. Tim sent a great photo of the magnets on his new stainless steel refrigerator, which I thought was fantastic because someone recently told me that magnets wouldn't stick to stainless steel. Now I have proof that they do!

No comments: