Wednesday, April 30, 2014

hang fifteen


I'm happy to say that I was able to hang my wall of paintings at The Gallery At 11 Pleasant this past Sunday morning! For some reason, I was under the impression that I was supposed to be hanging my work this coming Sunday, May 4th, instead...whoops! Thankfully, I saw a Facebook post on Saturday by Janet Glatz (artist and owner of The Gallery At 11 Pleasant) that tipped me off to my mix-up. I called Janet around 10:30 on Sunday morning to clarify, and she confirmed that the post was correct. I was able to pack up my paintings, my hammer/nails/picture hangers, and my business cards quickly, and I arrived at the gallery around 11:15. It had been a drizzly morning, but Mother Nature was smiling down on me that day: the rain stopped when I was packing up my car, and it was downright sunny when I unpacked at the gallery! I had already plotted out on a little piece of note paper where I roughly wanted the paintings to be, and because of this, I was able to hang everything in less than an hour. Whew! I even remembered to bring a bottle of wine for the opening reception. Not bad, huh? 

Fifteen feet of fun!



1 comment:

Janet said...

Your wall shines maria!