Sunday, May 4, 2014

giving feels good

Well, the "Chair-ity Auction" was last night, and it was a HUGE success: The UU Church of Brunswick raised around $5,000 for the Oasis Clinic and MidCoast Hunger Prevention! The auction was a fun event, and I was knocked out by all the different and beautiful chairs (and tables, and lamps!) that were painted and donated. I'm happy to say that my chair sold for $80! I hope it went to a good home.

In other news, between proceeds from sales at the Gelato Fiasco, proceeds from sales at the Big Top Deli, and donations from patrons at both shops, the "Scoop-A-Thon" a couple of weeks ago raised a record total of $5,504 for the Teen Center at People Plus! I hope my little two-hour face-painting stint contributed in some small way to the overall success of this event.






No comments: