Saturday, January 16, 2016

snow down, slow down

It's snowing where I am! Sometimes snow days can be rather inconvenient. Sometimes snow days can come at just the right time. Today feels like one of those well-times snow days. Yes, it's true: today's snow day has resulted in a postponement of the artists' reception for the 8th Annual Joy of Art juried group show at Topsham Public Library. While that is a bit of a bummer, the reception has already been rescheduled for Saturday, February 6th, 1pm-3pm, so that's taken care of. The Joy of Art began on January 12th and runs through February 20th. For more information, please visit the Topsham Public Library's website: www.topshamlibrary.org

The beauty of a good snow day is the permission to take things slow, to kick back a bit, to sleep in, to catch up with things that have been needing attention. I've been trying to make this day a healthy combination of all of those things. I still have plenty to do, but somehow, it feels like everything will get done. One of the things on my list was to write a quick blog post to include something I can't believe I left out of my last blog post: I made the paper! 

back page news! 

Yes, my "Paint-a-Thon/Paint4TheCure" made it into the January edition of The Cryer! The article is the entire top half of the back page...pretty awesome, if you ask me! I'm grateful to Keith Spiro for documenting the day so beautifully, and I'm already looking forward to my NEXT "Paint-a-Thon"! Please visit (and join!) my Carii community page, Brushstrokes With Impact By Maria, to find out more! In the meantime, stay warm! 

No comments: