Thursday, January 14, 2016

we can be heroes

To all who were involved in my "Paint-a-Thon/Paint4TheCure": I am overwhelmed and humbled by your support! Thanks to you, today I was able to donate $374.98 to NFCR's Play4TheCure program! This total came about through several different ways: 50% of the proceeds from all of the "Paint-a-Thon" raffle ticket sales, 10% of the proceeds from all art sales from my show at the Mix, and all of your post-raffle donations through my Carii community page, Brushstrokes With Impact by Maria

David Bowie's passing from liver cancer on January 10th has affected me in a way I never would have seen coming. Obviously, I did not know him personally, but David Bowie was one of my heroes: a true artist who was always reinventing himself, always pushing boundaries, always evolving, and always relevant. I'm grateful for the incredible music he left behind, and for the inspiration he provided for me personally as well as for so many others. Being able to make this donation to NFCR's Play4TheCure program just days after David Bowie's passing feels like an appropriate tribute.



"Heal" with its new owner: my awesome sister, Addie! 

Would you like to be the next lucky winner? Well, mark your calendars for my next "Paint-a-Thon": Saturday, January 30th! Details to come...stay tuned! 

No comments: