Tuesday, May 31, 2016

love is served

How is it the last day of May already? Time just seems to zip by when the warm weather is here!

This month's "Paint-a-Thon" (entitled Small But Mighty!) took place on Friday, May 20th at She Doesn't Like Guthries in Lewiston, and it was a beautiful day from beginning to end. Heather and the staff at Guthries kept me going with good music all day long- and they rewarded me with a lovely glass of red wine when I was finished! The winner of "Serving Love" was Chris Rose, who is now officially a collector of my work! Coincidentally, May 20th was Chris's birthday, so thanks to his kind contribution to the Good Shepherd Food Bank, I was able to contribute to his day of celebrations. Yay!

"Serving Love," moments after being signed!


My show at Guthries is still up for a few more days (I'll be taking it down the morning of Saturday, June 4th), so I won't have my final fundraising total until then...but I will certainly let you know what that number is when I have it!

Now that my May Brushstrokes With Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon" has passed, I'm excited to announce the "Paint-a-Thon" that's coming up in June: Paint4TheCure Part Deux! The National Foundation for Cancer Research's "Play4TheCure" campaign was the charity I partnered with for my very first "Paint-a-Thon" event back in December 2015, and I'm happy to be working with NFCR once again! I will be setting up my easel in the front window of Wyler's (the venue that hosted me back in February for VANtastic!) on Friday, June 10th, and painting from 10am-6pm. The completed 8" x 8" painting will be raffled off at the end of the day, with 50% of the raffle ticket sales going to NFCR's "Play4TheCure" program. Stop by, say hello, buy a raffle ticket...and, as always, thank you for your support!

Here's the link to the public Facebook event page (feel free to share!): https://www.facebook.com/events/188376058225194/

...and here's the link to the Carii fundraising page:
https://www.carii.com/#/fundraising/paint-a-thonpaint4thecure-part-deux





No comments: