Friday, April 6, 2018

early spring catch-up

EEK! I let all of March go by without a blog post! Well, perhaps I can make up for it with two posts in April...and I can't do two until I start with one, so here goes!

My 28th Brushstrokes with Impact (tm) "Paint-a-Thon" (entitled "Music Is Love!") happened on Saturday, March 31st at the Tontine Mall in Brunswick. In case you hadn't noticed, I really like that space! Anyway, it was a warm and wonderful day, filled with unexpected visits from friends, family, and friendly faces. The cause I chose this month was MusiCares, which is an organization that gives assistance to musicians who are in need (due to financial, medical, or personal emergencies). Here are some photos from the day!



the pop-up show...


...the beginning...



"Rainbow Of Sound": finished! 


Hooray for Dennie!

The winner of "Rainbow Of Sound" was Dennie Campbell, which made me happy, because Dennie has had her name on a fair amount of raffle tickets in the past, but she just hadn't won one - until now! I will be delivering "Rainbow Of Sound" to her soon, and I will be sure to to post some pictures when that happens. Thanks to everyone's support, together we were able to raise $100 for MusiCares...and in case you're keeping track, that brings the total raised so far to over $4400!


Have you ever had the experience of flipping through your mail after a long trip and seeing your face staring back at you? Well, I did...and it's a bit surreal! Below are some pictures from the March issue of The Cryer, and here's a link to the Boston and Maine Connection so you can read the article yourself. Thank you, Keith Spiro, for your support and belief in Brushstrokes With Impact (tm)- I'm grateful!   


Boston and Maine Connection

#BAT2018

I will do my best to have a second post sometime this month, so stay tuned...things are happening, and I will definitely fill you in on what's cooking in my world! In the meantime, please check out some recent posts from the bi-weekly blog I write for Curtis Memorial Library...you'll find them in the Curtis Creative Spaces section of the library's website (or you can just go here)! 



No comments: