Monday, September 8, 2014

prints (and the revolution)


Well, I finally did it: after a lot of convincing from the dynamic duo known as Tim and Rick DeAngelis, I took the plunge and had giclee prints made of some of my paintings! After much consideration, I decided to begin with four paintings that have already sold (from left to right, top to bottom): "That Heavenly Coffee," "El Camino," "Sole Mate," and "Imagine Memorial, NYC". Tim suggested I do a run of 25 prints for each painting; that way, I can start out relatively small and see how they do. I will sign and number each print, but once the run of 25 for each painting has completely sold out, that will be that. GULP! I had the prints made by Erik at Digital ImageWorks in Waterville, and I am really pleased with how they turned out. Erik was able to work with my jpegs and thought that they would all look their best as 8" x 10" prints (except for "El Camino," which he did as a 9" x 12"). After picking up my prints, I popped over to Berry's Stationers, where I was able to pick up some clear plastic sleeves so when they make their debut at Second Friday Art Walk this month, they will be protected! By the way, I am the "adopt-an-artist" at Cool As A Moose for the September art walk, so if you're planning on visiting me, please make a note of the venue change! Of course, no trip to Waterville would be complete without a visit to Holy Cannoli, so I stopped by and picked up 4 minis: cheesecake, pumpkin, chocolate, and chocolate chip. Needless to say, Terry was very happy to see the pastry box in the fridge waiting for him when he got home that evening. 


fit to print

On Sunday, I hung my wall of paintings for the September group show at The Gallery At 11 Pleasant. It looks like this will be another interesting and diverse show, and I'm happy to be a part of it! Here's a picture of my wall...stop by if you can to see it in person!

something old, something new...

Another item that will be making a debut at Second Friday Art Walk later this week is...drum roll, please...a new magnet! "Sugar Snap Peas" arrived in the mail today and I love how it turned out. The original painting will be available at the 10x10 later this month...more on that in a future post! I was able to add the new listing to my Etsy page as well...please check it out if you're not able to make it to the art walk on Friday (or even if you are, but you just can't wait)! 

snap, crackle, pop! 

There is more going on that I am anxious to share with you, but I think I'll end this post here and save it for another time...perhaps tomorrow? Until we meet again...











No comments: